CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: IMService releases ncPOD system

on 2007-05-23 11:50:45 UTC
> Tony Jeffree wrote:
> > At 14:49 23/05/2007, Fred Smith wrote:
> >> Mach3 can run an ncPOD through a plugin developed by Art Fenerty, it is
> >> considered released.
> >
> > By whom (apart from you, that is)?
> >
> > To the best of my knowledge MACH support for the 'pod is still
> > regarded by Art as *pre-release*. See:
> >
> > http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/artsoft/plugin.htm
>
> A number of people are using it on mills without a problem, but the lathe
> facilities still need some more work.
> I've just shipped mine over to a customer to have a play with on his set-up.
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

Lester,
Unfortunately the pod at the moment and in the near future won't do lathe, or more to the point do threading as the Pod can't handle the input pulses from the encoder.
It may be able to output 85,000 [ from memory ] but it can't read fast enough.

John S.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2007-05-23 10:16:15 UTC Re: IMService releases ncPOD system Fred Smith 2007-05-23 11:18:33 UTC Re: IMService releases ncPOD system John Stevenson 2007-05-23 11:50:45 UTC Re: IMService releases ncPOD system