CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mach2 resets at random sometimes lists limit switch tripped

Posted by caudlet
on 2007-05-23 20:24:03 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "yethdear0" <da-mack@...> wrote:

> Hello, we have been rebuilding a cnc knee mill. This is our 2nd
> rebuild. We have everything going but the reset in the Mach2 software
> trips at random. Sometimes in 30 mins sometimes in 10 or less. We are
> running servos and geckos. We have prox switches on X and Y and micros
> on Z. We have short cables, and small cap filters on each. Our debounce
> is at 5000. If we go any higher then we blow by our prox switches at
> full speed. We can turn the limits off and all will be stable. Z and
> its micros are the most stable but our proxes are getting noise. We are
> running Windows2000 on a P4 box with gobs of memory. The box also has a
> network card installed but we are not using it. We've done and tried
> everythiing to get the system solid and stable and this is the last
> little pain in the ass we have to over come. I need any and all
> suggestions! Thanks

Are you running any kind of input isolation? I suggest your noise
problems are probably from motor currents mixing into the logic side.
Having to use 5000 as a debounce is just masking the problem. Kinda
like taking a bottle of aspirin for a gunshot wound. Consider using
buffered outputs (step & dir) and isolated (separate ground returns)
for motor voltages and switch inputs. In short a good breakout card
and also think about the motor power and if it needs to be part of the
logic ground.

What drive are you using and how is your DC motor power connected ?

Discussion Thread

yethdear0 2007-05-23 17:50:53 UTC Mach2 resets at random sometimes lists limit switch tripped David G. LeVine 2007-05-23 19:49:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach2 resets at random sometimes lists limit switch tripped caudlet 2007-05-23 20:24:03 UTC Re: Mach2 resets at random sometimes lists limit switch tripped