CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] advice for stepper motors

Posted by Lester Caine
on 2007-05-24 01:58:49 UTC
Cristi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm newbie in this field of automation and I need to convert a lathe (
> Opti 180x300 ) to CNC. I presume the lathe needs around 1.8 Nm for
> each of the 2 axis. I've spent around a month looking for a stepper
> driver and stepper motor that could fit. I also need a power supply.
> The best would be if someone can point me to a bipolar driver and
> motor that provides this torque ( holding torque ). I know it's better
> to have small inductance, however I don't expect my lathe to operate
> at high speeds.
> First I was looking at xylotex but they told me they cannot ship to EU
> because of ROHC restrictions. I would like bipolar steppers and
> someone that can ship to the EU. If someone has any advice or
> suggestions, they're welcome.
> I don't need a breakout board since I can provide the controlling
> signals via a micro controller board.

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/en-gb/dept_144.html
Is probably a good starting point

If you want to have a go BUILDING your own driver, then I've got kits of the
EAS board in stock
http://home.lsces.co.uk/ModelEngineersDigitalWorkshop/wiki/?page=MicroStep

RoHS is fun, but the Americans are now building to the rules and most of the
Chinese factories have at least started to change :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Discussion Thread

Cristi 2007-05-24 01:15:26 UTC advice for stepper motors Lester Caine 2007-05-24 01:58:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] advice for stepper motors controlsdude2000 2007-05-25 19:34:14 UTC Re: advice for stepper motors Mark Vaughan 2007-05-26 06:00:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: advice for stepper motors dandumit 2007-05-26 07:33:48 UTC Re: advice for stepper motors