CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Big servo motors drive recommendations

on 2007-05-28 04:40:49 UTC
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 09:18:13 +0100, you wrote:
>

> >But I do regularly forget to clip the rest. Please feel free to tell me off
> >when I do this, it is needed.
>
> Will do <G>
>
> >As to EMC2, I have spent a long time getting all the rest of the machine
> >configured to work with Mach, I don’t really want to get into another
> >package, I also have a massive array of programs prewritten for mach.
>
> Little if any difference.
>
> >I have friends at University, research colleagues that use linux and some of
> >them EMC a lot, their initial presentation is that it’s brilliantly stable,
> >never falls over unlike windows, just what you want to hear, then you get to
> >hear about the inefficiencies, the bugs etc etc., and you really wonder
> >whether it is just having to learn something else full of bugs. I know mach
> >and I like it.
>
> As you know, I'm a Mach man, but Jon's post about PID and acceleration
> is interesting. I downloaded EMC2 the other day, program itself looks
> OK, but for some reason Ubuntu doesn't fill the screen :(

That's because it's a tribe of small people from Liverpool <g>

> Seems it's not as easy to use or set up as some would have us believe!
>
> Steve Blackmore
> --

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2007-05-26 11:26:00 UTC Re: Big servo motors drive recommendations Mark Vaughan 2007-05-26 16:34:35 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Big servo motors drive recommendations John Stevenson 2007-05-28 04:40:49 UTC Re: Big servo motors drive recommendations John Stevenson 2007-05-28 11:21:52 UTC Re: Big servo motors drive recommendations