CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Big Servo Drives

on 2007-05-28 07:08:35 UTC
most drives that are hi power are made that way but keeping the high
frequency noise spikes isolated from the rest of the system requires good
shielding and proper high frequency grounding and noise suppression. The
risetime of the pulses are very fast and create noise in the megahertz.

On 5/28/07, roboticscnc <gsm42@...> wrote:

> Hi Group,
> Forgive my ignorance as I'm not an electrical engineer, but after
> reading the comments on this subject I'm wondering if it would be
> helpful to have an external power board with overkill mosfets and
> anything else necessary to remove back emf, etc. This way you could
> use any servo driver to do the positioning function with the output
> only switching larger mosfets - keeping high voltage / current noise
> away from the encoder signals. The external power board could then be
> designed for the correct power without dictating which servo driver
> you have to buy.
> Regards,
> Glen.

roboticscnc 2007-05-27 23:40:26 UTC Big Servo Drives Mark Vaughan 2007-05-28 01:15:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Big Servo Drives Harko Schwartz 2007-05-28 07:08:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Big Servo Drives Jon Elson 2007-05-28 21:19:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Big Servo Drives Mark Vaughan 2007-05-28 23:59:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Big Servo Drives