CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: My new cnc router /plasma cutter and 3D printer.

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2007-06-04 08:12:43 UTC
Yes I do plan to turn around the cables chains and also add a 4th axis for sure and most likely a fifth axis so I can make some stuff from the 3D scans I have taken.
BTW I have been very interested in your 3D printer. I have read some of the thread but not all of them. It seems like the biggest problem will be with the binder and the deposition of the medium.
I was thinking about it this morning when I woke up at 3:30AM. Have you thought about using paraffin in a inkjet delivery system. Yes it would require a heating element to complete melt all of the paraffin before starting to print. but that doesn't seem like much of a technical problem. Paraffin when hot should flow as easily as water.
The other essential part of my though process was to deposit the hot wax on a peltier junction set to cool. I would think the hot wax hitting the ice cold junction would instantly harden. But have no data to support the theory. Several yearago I picked up a large petier juction that was about 4"by 6" for only $20 surplus.
If I can find it and you want to try It I'll send it free for you or anyone that want to pursue the thought.

Dan Mauch
economical 3D scanner software and kits
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
----- Original Message -----
From: Graham Stabler
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 6:48 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: My new cnc router /plasma cuuter video

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...> wrote:

> Here is a video of my nearly finished cnc router/plasma cutter.
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5437907076855559029

Cool indeed! Great speed and looks like a neat machine.

I trust you will be flipping the cable chains around later so they
don't stick out like that?

Graham

Dan Mauch 2007-06-04 08:12:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: My new cnc router /plasma cutter and 3D printer. Graham Stabler 2007-06-04 10:32:27 UTC Re: My new cnc router /plasma cutter and 3D printer.