CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable

Posted by afogassa
on 2007-06-06 08:55:04 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Bingham"
<fourthaxis4000@...> wrote:

> While you're looking at self-build CNC systems, here's a cool link
> http://www.sellbic.com/eng/col38.html
> from a Japanese company that combines what they call 'injection
> welding' and CNC machining. Their 'injection welding' concept
allows
> many polymers to be chosen and the follow-up CNC shape truing by
> milling, provides accuracy. It's charming because (a) it is
economical
> of material compared with regular SRP and (b) as a hybrid
> additive/subtractive process you can get the best features of both
> worlds, such as wide material selection, close dimension and great
> surface finish. I also like (c) the hollow object capability.
>
> I understand other companies are working in similar fields, at
least
> one of them dispensing photopolymerizable paste rather than hot
> polymer, before CNC mill finishing. Frankly, I prefer the hot
polymer
> idea because the materials are 'real world' and widely available.
The
> same site shows some tiny extrusion cylinders for micro plastics
> dispensing.
>
> This is the kind of technology that could certainly couple a
> micro-extruder to a CNC mill and is do-it-yourselfable.
>
> Mark
> www.fourth-axis.com

I agree it is dimension stable,but in my opinion if I've to deposit
then mill it, why not just mill it? cnc machines are cheaper then
the Rp machines plus I already have one, and I'm tired of milling
parts and changing tools :)

Discussion Thread

Mark Bingham 2007-06-05 21:47:52 UTC Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable afogassa 2007-06-06 08:55:04 UTC Re: Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable Mark Bingham 2007-06-06 18:31:05 UTC Re: Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable afogassa 2007-06-06 19:37:33 UTC Re: Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable John Dammeyer 2007-06-07 20:23:32 UTC Y Axis Motion Peter Homann 2007-06-07 21:21:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion Stephen Wille Padnos 2007-06-07 21:21:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion Jim Fleig - CNC Services 2007-06-25 17:35:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion