CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion

on 2007-06-25 17:35:35 UTC
Hi John,

The general convention is to regard numerical increase or decrease as if the tool in the spindle were moving instead of the table. In your example, the table moves from the position closest to the operator to the position closest to the column. That is the equivalent of the tool moving from the side of the table closest to the column to the side of the table closest to the operator - a Y minus move. The machine zero location and part zero location can be the same location but machine zero for the axes is almost always at the extreme end of travel for each axis while part zero is usually setup for the convenience of programming cuts.

Hope this helps,

Jim

----- Original Message -----
From: John Dammeyer
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:08 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion

Hi,

I'm in the process of mounting my Y axis scale and I'm wondering which
direction of motion should increase the scale readout.

What I mean is if I have my table all the way out closest to me, I then
Zero the Y Axis and move the table towards the column should the DRO
value increase numerically or decrease?

I'd like it to match the conventions for MACH or TurboCNC or EMC.

Thanks.

John

Mark Bingham 2007-06-05 21:47:52 UTC Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable afogassa 2007-06-06 08:55:04 UTC Re: Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable Mark Bingham 2007-06-06 18:31:05 UTC Re: Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable afogassa 2007-06-06 19:37:33 UTC Re: Hybrid CNC RP that's do-it-yourselfable John Dammeyer 2007-06-07 20:23:32 UTC Y Axis Motion Peter Homann 2007-06-07 21:21:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion Stephen Wille Padnos 2007-06-07 21:21:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion Jim Fleig - CNC Services 2007-06-25 17:35:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Y Axis Motion