CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Parpas cutter grinder

Posted by mikehenryil
on 2007-07-07 08:16:44 UTC
I've never heard of a Parpas cutter grinder but John Stevenson in the
UK sells a CD with scans of several cutter grinders including the
Clarkson:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tool-and-Cutter-Grinder-CD-Model-Engineer-Buy-
It-
Now_W0QQitemZ160134609607QQihZ006QQcategoryZ98641QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or just search sellers for marypoppinsbag.

As you say, it looks like the Parpas is similar to the Deckel SO/SOE
grinders and I have a manual for the SOE that I can email to you. It
seems to me that this type of grinder is commonly used for single-
point or engraving cutters and the manual I have is pretty much
limited to that sort of cutter grinding.

Mike

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Vaughan" <mark@...>
wrote:

> Hi Guy's
>
> I've just picked up a Parpas Cutter Grinder, circa 1974, no it's
not CNC,
> but I will use the cutters on my CNC mill.
>
> It has a collet that I am unable to identify, and would like to get
some
> more.
>
> Don't suppose any of you know what the collets are called, I could
also do
> with an instruction manual if someone knows where I can find one.
>
> It's a bit like the double angle Deckel, or Clarke cutter grinders,
a copy
> one of their manuals might help, I've got the general idea, but
having never
> used one before, it would be nice to get it right.
>

> Thanks Mark
>

> Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU
>
> Managing Director
>
> Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068
>
> Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351
>
> Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
> Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288
>
> RSGB DRM111(Cornwall)

Mark Vaughan 2007-07-05 12:15:33 UTC Parpas cutter grinder mikehenryil 2007-07-07 08:16:44 UTC Re: Parpas cutter grinder Mark Vaughan 2007-07-07 09:03:56 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Parpas cutter grinder