CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Parpas cutter grinder

Posted by Mark Vaughan
on 2007-07-07 09:03:56 UTC
Thanks, I didn't know John was Marry Poppins, but I bought a copy last week
which is in the post somewhere.

I was told the Parpas was a copy of the deckle, but I have now found out
that the Deckels take normal long series Schaublin W20 collets, whereas the
Parpas has a collet near identical but with a 20 degree nose taper rather
than 15 degrees, and the body of the Deckel is 20mm, it's 21mm on the
Parpas.

So if anyone else see's a Parpas Grinder for sale, make sure you get some
collets withit, they ain't made no more. I'm presently going to look at
sleeving the rear register and regrinding the nose angle in the housing to
suit W20 Schaublin's.

Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU

Managing Director

Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068

Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288

RSGB DRM111(Cornwall)

_____