CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any good controllers for small servo powered cnc mill?

Posted by David Speck
on 2007-07-17 09:48:20 UTC
Todd,

Skyko.com has Pixie converter boards that convert Mach 3 step and
direction signals to analog servo +/- 10 V signals for about $60 a channel.

Dave

procisionengineering wrote:
> I have an old Pro light by Light machines...its a nice mill...BUT the
> controller is just a headache and a new one is big $$$. I would like
> to be able to use the existing amplifiers, but am having trouble
> finding a nice controller that will work with the servo amplifiers that
> exist already.
>
> I would love to use a Mach 3 or other Mach (not sure which would be
> best) but it seems the only way to do that would be to buy 3 new
> amplifiers that convert step and dir to servo. IS this the only way to
> use Mach 3 or is there something new? I really would hate to spend
> $300 when I dont really have to.
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Discussion Thread

procisionengineering 2007-07-17 05:47:08 UTC Any good controllers for small servo powered cnc mill? David Speck 2007-07-17 09:48:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any good controllers for small servo powered cnc mill? procisionengineering 2007-07-18 09:11:55 UTC Re: Any good controllers for small servo powered cnc mill? Stephen Wille Padnos 2007-07-19 14:22:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any good controllers for small servo powered cnc mill?