CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] home made CnC

Posted by Leslie Newell
on 2007-07-26 02:16:20 UTC
It depends on what sort of machine you are after. If you are looking for
a router type machine then look for plans that don't use rails that are
only supported at each end. Unsupported rails like this flex like crazy.

If you are looking for a milling type machine then there are quite a few
conversions available depending on what size machine you are looking
for. All I can say is, get the biggest you can afford. You can do small
jobs on big machines but it is very difficult to do big jobs on small
machines. Also the bigger machines tend to be more accurate.

Les

daverfuller wrote:
> I'm into scratch-built modeling, so you can imagine that a small
> desktop CnC machine would be a really great tool for this hobby. I
> have seen plans for sale on Ebay and other places for building your
> own machine.
>
> What I was wondering is if there is a specific machine (or plans for
> one) that have been around long enough that it has proven itself to be
> a reliable/easy to use design.

Discussion Thread

daverfuller 2007-07-25 18:52:58 UTC home made CnC Alan KM6VV 2007-07-25 19:29:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] home made CnC Leslie Newell 2007-07-26 02:16:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] home made CnC