CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linear encoder and rotary motor servo

Posted by optics22000
on 2007-08-01 06:20:53 UTC
Thanks to Steve for his explanation of the difference between printer
and CNC applications. It was, in short, that a CNC beats on the
servo much harder than a printer does, making it misbehave.

Graham,
I had imagined a simple implementation of the hexapod, using belts
stretched along the 6 rods, sort of like a rack, with a film encoder
also stretched along the rod. or perhaps cable drive.

The same objections that Steve brought up of separate motor and
encoder in a CNC environment would apply here.
Perhaps the dual encoder arrangement he mentioned would work.

regards-
Elliot

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham
Stabler" <grezmos@...> wrote:

> Its obviously nice to have a direct measure of position but other
than
> it being nice what is the advantage for the hexapod example you
mention?

> Graham

Discussion Thread

elliot@h... 2007-07-31 16:03:42 UTC Linear encoder and rotary motor servo Stephen Wille Padnos 2007-07-31 16:33:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear encoder and rotary motor servo Graham Stabler 2007-07-31 16:43:30 UTC Re: Linear encoder and rotary motor servo optics22000 2007-08-01 06:20:53 UTC Re: Linear encoder and rotary motor servo Graham Stabler 2007-08-01 10:08:18 UTC Re: Linear encoder and rotary motor servo Carl Mikkelsen 2007-08-02 07:29:10 UTC Re: Linear encoder and rotary motor servo