CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: new guy with old problums

on 2007-08-09 10:57:52 UTC
I went through this same process on a BP Boss 5 machine. I never
could get the original steppers to work with the Gecko drives due to
their high amp rating. I replaced the motors, powersupply and used
the Sound Logic breakout board, Gecko 201 drives and Mach2. The
machine has worked flawlessly for over 2 years but I did have to gut
it and start from scratch. I do not know of a wiring diagram out
there but the original BP schematics were helpful to me. I just
traced the limit switches with a multimeter and wired to the existing
estop with much difficulty.

Let me know if I can help.

Keith Clark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "xxxlmark_71"
<xxxlmark_71@...> wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "David G. LeVine"
> <dlevine@> wrote:
> >
> > At 01:06 AM 8/8/2007, you wrote:
> > >ok guys her is the deal i have an old bridgeport boss 5 that was
> > >retofited {machine master} basicly a ahha IF card and the rest
oem
> > >bridgeport. i ran this machine for years and it did me good then
it
> > >started smoking driver boards. so i gutted the control box an
> started
> > >my own retrofit. i bought 3 gecko 210 drives and a 37 pin
breakout
> > >board from winford eng to hook to the ahha If16 card. that was
in
> 2005
> > >and it took about a month for me to give up. now its 2007 and i
> need to
> > >make this thing to run. i realy need some help. what i need is a
> wiring
> > >diagram that is right and shows how to hook up the limit switchs
> and
> > >estop and yes i have done the search engine thing and i know
there
> are
> > >better way to do this on the market but this is what i got. any
> help
> > >you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Question: Isn't the Bridgeport a servo machine?
> >
> > Gecko 210s are stepper drive cards, you will need Gecko G320 or
> G340
> > cards for brush type servos. Also, you may not have acceptable
> > encoders for Gecko G3XX cards.
> >

> > David G. LeVine
> > Nashua, NH 03060
>
> my machine is running the original bridgeport stepper motors.

Discussion Thread

xxxlmark_71 2007-08-07 22:53:04 UTC new guy with old problums David G. LeVine 2007-08-08 05:41:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] new guy with old problums xxxlmark_71 2007-08-08 06:31:29 UTC Re: new guy with old problums David G. LeVine 2007-08-08 06:51:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: new guy with old problums R Rogers 2007-08-08 08:20:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: new guy with old problums Jon Elson 2007-08-08 09:13:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] new guy with old problums David G. LeVine 2007-08-08 16:33:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] new guy with old problums Graham Stabler 2007-08-09 00:31:43 UTC Re: new guy with old problums toolspindoctor 2007-08-09 10:57:52 UTC Re: new guy with old problums