CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cad/cam

Posted by Ejay Hire
on 2000-07-31 10:23:46 UTC
Hmm, I don't suppose we could talk you out of any of those De-commisioned
SGI machines?

Have to ask, it's scrounger law.
EjayHire@...

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Bill Griffin" <bill@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cad/cam
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:11:52 -0700

This is a very good description of ProE with the exception of:
"Also, it will run (like poop) on an NT box"
While the performance may be higher on the high end Unix workstations, it
most certainly doesn't run like poop on high end NT workstations. We have
about 15 seats of ProE and they are all running on NT boxes. We started out
running them on silicon graphics boxes but have decommissioned all of them.
We do use video boards that cost more the the average 800 MHz Pentium
computer, but that is besides the point.
Also, we do not design rocket engines for flight to Pluto, so our
computational needs are probably not the same as some users.

Bill Griffin

Message: 4