CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc M3 drip feed

on 2007-08-26 07:07:25 UTC
the 24 volt is only for the tapereader. You should be able to run from any
communication program. Normal settings are 4800 baud 7 even and 2 stop
bits. Go to Cadem.com they have a free DNC software package for one
machine.

Harko

On 8/25/07, rocketscientistnate <rocketscientistnate@...> wrote:

> A while back I bought a Yuasa CNC mill with a Fanuc M3 control. I'd
> like to find a way to drip feed large programs from a PC. I've heard
> different ways which include changing some of the mainboard chips, or
> buying a behind the tape reader, but I think there should be some way
> to communicate directly with a PC. I found a diagram in the electric
> circuit diagram manual. (I'm glad that came with it, even if this
> info doesn't help) The connector labeled RS-232 into the control
> (not the cable from the reader) has the following pinout:
> 1-FG (GROUND)
> 2-SD
> 3-RD
> 4-RS
> 5-CS
> 6-DR
> 7-SG
> 8-CD
> 14-TTY3
> 16-TTY2
> 17-TTY1
> 20-ER
> 25-+24v
>
> The cable from the reader itself is as follows:
> 1-FG
> 2-SD
> 3-RD
> 6-DR
> 7-SG
> 11-RDY
> U10-200A
> V10-200B
> G-G
> I don't have a clue what the last three are, but they're in the same
> diagram. There's also some info on connecting an ASR33 teletype but
> I didn't think that would be relative. Am I wrong in thinking this
> is a standard RS232 connection that should plug straight into a PC if
> I cut out the +24V wire? What could happen if I tried it?
> Thanks in advance for any help on this.
> Nate

rocketscientistnate 2007-08-25 14:18:23 UTC Fanuc M3 drip feed Harko Schwartz 2007-08-26 07:07:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc M3 drip feed