CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: "twinned"servos on 1 axis

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2007-10-03 10:18:42 UTC
I use to carry the sst1500. They're pretty nice. It's been a long time since I played with them but YES I would definitely tune those servo amps with those motors on the bench. I haven;'t looked at the E divide type encoders so I can't help there. I used stock E2 series.

Dan Mauch
economical 3D scanner software and kits
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
----- Original Message -----
From: carlcnc
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 9:50 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: "twinned"servos on 1 axis

Hello Dan,
thanks for input
how are things in Bothell?[I'm in Bremerton
we spoke once on the phone ,in 97 I think]
I am not using Geckos this time,Teknic SST1500dirves,the motors are
brushless CMC ,
I will also be using an E-divide from US digital,
cause the encoders are commutating type.
This whole setup will be another learning experience

Carl

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...> wrote:

> Usually the factory setting for the Gecko G320's is pretty darn
good. If those are the servo amps you are using. I have set up other
servo amps and bench setting them ran from really easy to really hard
mainly because the documentation didn't make sense.
> Dan Mauch
> economical 3D scanner software and kits
> low cost stepper and servo motors.
> cases for Gecko drives
> kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
> www.camtronics-cnc.com
> www.seanet.com/~dmauch

carlcnc 2007-10-03 08:31:23 UTC "twinned"servos on 1 axis Dan Mauch 2007-10-03 09:27:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] "twinned"servos on 1 axis carlcnc 2007-10-03 09:50:43 UTC Re: "twinned"servos on 1 axis Dan Mauch 2007-10-03 10:18:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: "twinned"servos on 1 axis carlcnc 2007-10-03 12:10:21 UTC Re: "twinned"servos on 1 axis