CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need help with Vexta steppers

on 2007-12-06 18:24:53 UTC
3 minutes of quality time with Google shows it to be a discontinued
6-wire, 1.2A per phase motor. Use Vexta's color-coding for hook-up info.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jariou1959" <jrioux@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two Vexta stepper motors that I can't find specific specs for.
> The model is PH266L-01. It indicates that it is 2-Phase, 1.8 degrees
> per step, 6V DC and 1.2A. They have six wires.
>
> I wonder what is the holding torque on those. These came with two
> Vexta drivers model UD2115. Any information on those would be
> appreciated as well.
>
> Interestingly enough, these came along with two complete axis
> assemblies including ball screws and linear rails and bearings. I got
> this at a state surplus auction for $57 about a year ago. It also
> came with a video camera with macro lens and a zoom/focus controller.
>
> It was a whole assembly that I think was used at the zoo to take
> close up looks at insects in their habitat using two joystick
> controls. I also have the power supply.
>
> It was a pretty good find. The travel on each axis is around 21". I
> am getting ready to put these into action on a home built moving
> gantry engraving or routing table. I have very little exeprience with
> electronics so I would like to see me control those two axis first.
> Once I can do that, I can see how much time and money I am willing to
> spend on the third axis.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques

Discussion Thread

jariou1959 2007-12-05 13:55:25 UTC Need help with Vexta steppers Mariss Freimanis 2007-12-06 18:24:53 UTC Re: Need help with Vexta steppers luv2bsailin 2007-12-07 06:07:49 UTC Re: Need help with Vexta steppers