CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: electrical help please???

on 2000-08-04 07:43:28 UTC
Stan,

This can be done easily with a dual comparator, a few resistors and 2
transistors. Cost would be $1 to $2 if you are able to breadboard
electronic circuits.

Because no attachments are permitted in e-groups, give me your e-mail
address and I will draw up the circuit send you as an attachment of
your choice (.dxf, .wmf, .pdf etc.) right away.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, STAN MCDONALD <SMCDONAL@K...>
wrote:
> Hello list.
> I am trying to come up with a device that I can feed 100-280 volts
DC
> into and then if the voltage is less then a preset voltage (around
120
> DC) then it would inturn connect a separate DC power source in one
> direction to a DC motor, If on the other hand the voltage was higher
> then the preset 120 DC it would connect the same separate DC source
> the motor in the opposite direction.
>
> This would inturn drive the dc motor clockwise if voltage is to
high and
> counterclockwise if the voltage was to low. If the voltage is the
120
> volts +/- 3 volts nothing happens.
>
> I tried this idea with relays but it didn't work out because the
relay
> would turn on at one voltage and turn off at a different voltage.
>
> Does anyone here have a good way to make such a device?
> Thanks
> Stan

Discussion Thread

STAN MCDONALD 2000-08-04 06:14:09 UTC electrical help please??? Mariss Freimanis 2000-08-04 07:43:28 UTC Re: electrical help please???