CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stuart 10V Steam Engine

on 2000-08-04 16:51:25 UTC
Thanks Rich and Ron,

I remember Cole from H.S., and will get their catalog. I was wondering
about the "BA fixings", they aren't metric, I wonder how they got
different from us (or us from them)? A long...long...time....ago.

Alan

Ron Ginger wrote:

> Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:
> >
> > Hi to the list,
> >
> > I just got a quote from Stuart Models in England. Almost as much for
> > the postage as the engine! Anyone know of a US supplier?
> >
> > 71183 Stuart 10v Castings, fixings(nuts and bolts pack).
>
> One suggestion on the nuts and bolts- as supplied by Stuart these will
> be BA standards. Thats a perfectly fine standard IF you happen to live
> in the UK, but if you live in the US throw them away and get similar
> size bolts and nuts in USF threads. It will cost a lot more to buy the
> BA taps and dies than to buy new bolts.
>
> Its a shame, the Stuart supplied bolts are very nicely shaped, with
> proper scale heads. Its hard to find good scale nuts in the US. I have
> some from a micro fastenings site off the net (dont recall the URL).
>
> ron

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-08-04 12:35:53 UTC Stuart 10V Steam Engine Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-08-04 16:51:25 UTC Re: Stuart 10V Steam Engine Michael Jones 2000-08-04 19:20:45 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stuart 10V Steam Engine