CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help converting from FlashCut to Mach

Posted by caudlet
on 2008-05-17 07:52:00 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "billiardcrazy"
<cncmichael@...> wrote:

> Help!
> I want to convert my CNC router from FlashCut to Mach. Is there
> anybody on here that can help me? I have the FlashCut signal
> generator, :( , and a OEM motor drive box. How difficult is it to do?
> Any help or suggestions or direction to people that can help without
> spending $1700 would be appreciated.
>
> Michael

All you have to do is punt the Flashcut pulse card and software and
feed the OEM box (different pinout) with Step & Dir signals. You can
get their pinout for the box off the website. I would recommend that
you interface to/through a powered breakout card.

MACH is a parallel port step & Dir controller VS using an external
step card. The latest version will do up to 100,000 Steps per second
across 6 channels with a fast computer.

With the proper setup you can add options to MACH that you can't get
with any version of Flashcut.

Several of the table mfg's have switched from FC to MACH and more are
doing so.

TOM CAUDLE
www.CandCNC.com

Discussion Thread

billiardcrazy 2008-05-16 09:58:20 UTC Help converting from FlashCut to Mach Dan Mauch 2008-05-16 12:26:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help converting from FlashCut to Mach billiardcrazy 2008-05-16 20:41:33 UTC Re: Help converting from FlashCut to Mach caudlet 2008-05-17 07:52:00 UTC Re: Help converting from FlashCut to Mach Alan Marconett 2008-05-19 21:55:00 UTC [Fwd: [HBRobotics] Loki on June Servo Cover]