CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Weird Mach 3 stuff

on 2008-10-15 20:28:06 UTC
Do you think this could be related to Mach3's backlash compensation feature?

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Scot Rogers
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:04 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Weird Mach 3 stuff

Hi all,

I've been on this group for some years now, mainly lurking and
lurning. (sic) Recently I bought a Chinese round column mill that was
converted with Nema 34 steppers and Mach 3. I had some trouble with
tuning the motors and noticed that there was an arcing short in the X
axis connector, along with some lag in the jogging when I switched
directions.

Thanks,

Scot

Scot Rogers 2008-10-15 10:37:28 UTC Weird Mach 3 stuff Eric Quarnstrom 2008-10-15 20:28:06 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Weird Mach 3 stuff