CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: magnets

Posted by Tony Smith
on 2008-12-15 08:21:34 UTC
Close enough.

There was a discussion about this a while back (possibly a different group)
that gave a good link. Can't find it now. There is a giant gizmotron, and
it magnetises the rotor when it's inside the frame. A bit hard to do that
at home.

Whoever posted it also told the story of an employee who amused himself by
tossing bolts into the giant gizmotron and punching holes in the roof.
Oddly enough, he was fired.

Tony

> Yes, that would be interesting to see. Probably some trade secrets there,
> but if I was to see it on "How it is Made" I would bet you'd see some
giant
> gizmotron that magnetizes the rotor and then shoves it into the frame
> lickety split.
> --
> Phil Mattison

Discussion Thread

Yahoo 2008-12-14 10:14:45 UTC Re: magnets Tony Smith 2008-12-15 08:21:34 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: magnets