CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Free version of Autodesk's Inventor Solid Modeler

Posted by a3sigma
on 2008-12-22 05:48:56 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, <andrey@...> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
> Did you happen to notice that this is "terminal-ware"? This version
dies
> May 1, 2009.

I recommend Alibre Design Express.

https://www.alibre.com/products/xpress/xpress_for_all.asp

It's free, doesn't expire, parametric, produces drawings, renderings,
exportable, and has assembly capability.

I used Inventor professionally for many years at NASA, and found it an
excellent product. Now retired, I can't afford it for hobby use.
Switched to Alibre a few years ago, recently purchased the full
version. Takes some effort to become proficient, but worth it.

David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA

Discussion Thread

vrsculptor 2008-12-22 04:19:47 UTC Free version of Autodesk's Inventor Solid Modeler andrey@e... 2008-12-22 05:09:21 UTC RE: Free version of Autodesk's Inventor Solid Modeler a3sigma 2008-12-22 05:48:56 UTC Re: Free version of Autodesk's Inventor Solid Modeler