CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: USB-DRO now available

Posted by shawn c
on 2009-02-27 12:46:22 UTC
Its about time somebody makes something like this. There are several out there that I've looked at, but they always fall short. They either run DOS only or the interface is exspensive and the user has to assemble it. Theres always some quirk.

Thanks Fred!!

To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
From: imserv@...
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:01:06 +0000
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: USB-DRO now available

> The DRO is implemented with the aid of a dedicated hardware counter
> board with 32 bit registers and 1 million count per second
> capability.

Correction, this should be 24-bit registers. Should still be
plenty. ;-)

>Works with user supplied quadrature encoders( 5vdc
> single ended ) or pulsers, with 1 2 and 4X count multipliers.
> Offloading of the count functions to an external board, permits
> simultaneous operation with Windows PC controllers such as DeskCNC,
> Mach3, ncPOD, Flashcut, etc.
>
> The counters can be preset and will accurately display inches, mm,
or
> degrees. The counters can also function as tachometers.
>
> The DRO is ideal for manual machines, and is also fast enough to
keep
> up with most CNC machines. When used in conjunction with a CNC
> machine, it can be used to independantly verify position on a
stepper
> system. It has Backlash compensation to facilitate use of rotary
> shaft encoders on linear slides.
>
> 4 axis kit $250.
>
> For more info: http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/usb-dro-kit.aspx
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Fred Smith - IMService
> http://www.imsrv.com

Fred Smith 2009-02-26 06:17:33 UTC USB-DRO now available Lester Caine 2009-02-26 09:08:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] USB-DRO now available Fred Smith 2009-02-27 07:01:11 UTC Re: USB-DRO now available shawn c 2009-02-27 12:46:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: USB-DRO now available Chuck Merja 2009-02-27 13:41:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: USB-DRO now available