CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Techno Isel Modifications/ Geko Drives

thayn.eric wrote:
> Apparently, when they moved the machine, they
> moved some dip switch's, which toasted the card.

I find that a bit hard to believe, that flipping switches will destroy
the board.
But, maybe they plugged it into the wrong kind of board slot, plugged
the wrong
connector in or something.
> Techno Isel wants too much money for a replacement upgrade
> kit, well outside of my budget.
Not surprising.
> So… I've been doing a little
> research and I think I can do this a lot cheaper then buying their kit
> and have just as good of a unit.
>

> My plan is to buy and use Mach 3, a breakout board, and
> GekoDrive's G320 Servo Drives to replace their controller and
> amplifier. I plan on removing the power supply that was part of their
> system, and using it as the power supply for my system.

Find out what the resolution of the encoders is. Figure out what
velocity you want to
see in rapid traverse mode. Then, figure out how many encoder counts per
second
that translates to. I think you will find it comes out to 100 KHz or
more, and may
be above Mach3's ability to produce pulses. So, then you may have to
either compromise
or get a hardware controller to output the pulses fast enough.

thayn.eric 2009-11-17 01:57:39 UTC Techno Isel Modifications/ Geko Drives gcode fi (hanermo) 2009-11-17 02:33:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Techno Isel Modifications/ Geko Drives Dan Mauch 2009-11-17 10:29:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Techno Isel Modifications/ Geko Drives Jon Elson 2009-11-17 10:42:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Techno Isel Modifications/ Geko Drives Jon Elson 2009-11-17 10:43:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Techno Isel Modifications/ Geko Drives