CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] FW: FW: OIL - you better sit down

Posted by Danny Miller
on 2009-12-11 20:12:33 UTC
Wow that's off topic for a CAD/CAM forum...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

It's mostly a hoax. The oil quantity stated for Bakken is grossly
inflated- and it's mostly unrecoverable. What is technically
recoverable is very difficult/expensive to recover- oily, impermeable
rock. A hole drilled into it will not allow the oil from a large area
to drain into the pipe, even if pumped. There's not a lot of hope for
practical technology that will just magically make the oil flow through
rock.

Estimates of oil which are technically recoverable today- but not
necessarily economical with a $70-$80 barrel market- are in the 2-4
billion barrel range. The 500 billion barrel thing was thrown out there
by one researcher in 1999, it was not peer-reviewed for scientific
credibility at the time, and it's totally discredited now.

Danny

Bob Campbell wrote:

> Bob Campbell
>
> Bob Campbell Designs.com
>
> www.campbelldesigns.com
>
> Breakout boards
>
> USB Pendants
>
> Electrical Enclosures

Discussion Thread

Bob Campbell 2009-12-11 11:52:03 UTC FW: FW: OIL - you better sit down Jack McKie 2009-12-11 12:03:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] FW: FW: OIL - you better sit down wanliker@a... 2009-12-11 13:12:14 UTC FW: FW: OIL - you better sit down Danny Miller 2009-12-11 20:12:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] FW: FW: OIL - you better sit down Bob Campbell 2009-12-12 06:45:51 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] FW: FW: OIL - you better sit down