CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probe

Posted by Michael Fagan
on 2010-01-20 12:32:35 UTC
A touch probe such as the Renishaw OMP40 uses a mechanical spider connected
to the ruby stylus which breaks one or more of the 3 electrical connections
when the probe touches the surface. The OMP probes use an optical
communications system which connects with a unit bolted to the machine's
enclosure. Other systems use wired connections or RF links.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 06:01, domeleonora <domeleonora@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for some information about touch probe. How does it work? How
> the probe comunicate with the machine in which is installed? Is it possible
> to have a wireless touch probe?
>
> Thanks

domeleonora 2010-01-20 09:41:29 UTC Probe Michael Fagan 2010-01-20 12:32:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probe Will Holding 2010-01-20 21:58:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probe