CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby

Posted by wayne_j_hill
on 2010-08-17 07:59:10 UTC
Andy,

There is another software called microcarve that does an excellent job.

http://www.microcarve.com/

Ask for the latest version. V4.

Wayne

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "andrew.mathison" <andrewdavid.mathison@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if this advert is out of place here, please accept my apologies immediately.
>
> I was looking for some software to turn pictures of my Dog into something that I could cut into wood with my CNC machine. (Would be usefull for Laser Engraving too I feel!)
>
> Price IS important for me.
>
> I found two useful pieces, both from the same company and one is free, the other is available as free or as a bought Pro version.
>
> They are called:-
> Instant Sketch, which turns any photo (colour or B/W) into a pencil sketch. Totally free.
>
> Instant Mask, which helps you to remove the background of any photo.
> There is a -pro version which needs to be paid for, but it is also still VERY cheap!!!
>
> There is also an interesting piece of software to remove wires/cables and similar from Photos. Could also be useful to someone in our area of hobby I feel too.....Its called Instant Wire Cleaner.
>
> The web address is:-
>
> http://clipping-path-studio.com/instantmask-pro/
>
> Prices lie between $15 and $30 and there is a "dual" offer which really saves money.
>
> All versions can be downloaded, even the pro versions may be used for 2 weeks for free....the other versions are free all the time.....!!
>
> I hope:-
>
> a) nobody is upset by the ad and me posting it here
> b) it helps someone further with our hobby.
>
> regards
> Andy
>
> PS. I have not as yet tested the software for viruses or Malware, so please be careful when using for the first time as "you never know!"
> If anything like that is found, I will come back and post a proper warning here on this blog!

Discussion Thread

andrew.mathison 2010-07-12 03:31:46 UTC Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby caudlet 2010-07-12 08:18:33 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Andrewdavid.mathison 2010-07-13 03:56:59 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby wayne_j_hill 2010-08-17 07:59:10 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Jack McKie 2010-08-17 08:12:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Gaston Gagnon 2010-08-17 11:49:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Phil@Y... 2010-08-17 21:26:35 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Gaston Gagnon 2010-08-18 06:30:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby