CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby

Posted by Phil@Y...
on 2010-08-17 21:26:35 UTC
Do you get a lot of people buying mugs or mouse pads etc. with that photo of
your girlfriend (or wife, whatever)?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gaston Gagnon" <gaston.gagnon@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Turning photographs into something
usefull for our hobby

> Hi Wayne,
> The creator of microCarve is John Hansford, the designer of many cnc
> machines. One is the very popular FireballCNC machine.
> John is very present on CNC zone.
> I have recently carved a lithophane with microCarve. You can see it here:
> http://public.fotki.com/Gaston-Gagnon/lithophane/
> Gaston
>

> On 2010-08-17 11:11, Jack McKie wrote:
>> Wayne,
>>
>> One thing that stops me from even downloading that program is lack of
>> info on the company or individual. There also seems to be little in
>> the way of specs on the program such as system requirements etc.
>>
>> When I work from a photo I usually use it as a bit map background in
>> Rhino and model from the photo but it would be nice to have a faster
>> option.
>>
>> Jack

Discussion Thread

andrew.mathison 2010-07-12 03:31:46 UTC Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby caudlet 2010-07-12 08:18:33 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Andrewdavid.mathison 2010-07-13 03:56:59 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby wayne_j_hill 2010-08-17 07:59:10 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Jack McKie 2010-08-17 08:12:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Gaston Gagnon 2010-08-17 11:49:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Phil@Y... 2010-08-17 21:26:35 UTC Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby Gaston Gagnon 2010-08-18 06:30:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Turning photographs into something usefull for our hobby