CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

I had an idea

Posted by Armilite@a...
on 2010-12-14 06:02:29 UTC
Hello:

Good idea, but why not make something that's useful to many people that
maybe hasn't been done yet. Who cares about time, were hobbist. :) I know it
takes time to draw something into CAD. It's whether your up for the
challenge of maybe something NEW, maybe difficult, that hasn't maybe been done
before.

Why would you want to do something that's already been done a 1000+ times?
Unless, you need to just learn how to draw something in CAD, or make
something small, or are just bored at work. :) Nuts, bolts, clamps, screws,
other parts, 2D/3D have been done a 1000+ times and are given freely by many
companies who sell them, and private individuals in many CAD formats on the
web/CD.

Why not come up with a list of things that could be useful, maybe not in
CAD/CAM format yet, but maybe there is old paper or PDF format plans
available. That would be really useful to many people. There are many sites that
have 3D models, some free, and some you have to pay for.

Some idea's that may be useful:
All the Parts to CNC some of the popular mills, lathes, Grizzley, Rongfu,
Sieg, etc, what ever you have.
Gun Parts, receivers, barrels, hand guards, flash suppressors, scope
mounts, etc
Airplane Motor parts, Continental O-200, block, cam, crank, cylinders, etc.
Skidoo/Rotax snowmobile, Heads, block, cylinders, etc.
Rotax Ultralight 582 Heads, Blocks, Cylinders, etc.
Adapter plates to adapt Rotax or one of the other gear drive venders to
different engines, like Subaru, Suzki, VW.
Adapter plates to mount other engines/transmissions.
Molds for kit plane parts, Quickie(Q1), Q2/Q200, Long Ez, Vari Eze,
Dragonfly, etc.
CAD/CAM ----- Art work
High Tech Carbon fiber tube ultralight airframe, based on one of the top
five ultralights, T-Bird, Rans, Challenger, Chinook, Titian.
High Tech Carbon Fiber on/off road Go-Kart for adults.
How about just something NEW you have thought of, but not going to produce.
Useful Tools
Test Engine Stand for, car, small airplane, snowmobile, RC, etc.
Car Body Cart, Rotisserie, Part Paint stand, body lift, etc
etc.

Just My 2 Cents
Rich Gillen
===