CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: New Sherline automatic tool changer preview

Posted by timgoldstein
on 2010-12-30 05:52:45 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "imserv1" <imserv@...> wrote:

> Here is some info about our new Sherline based tool changers:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGsl9atr3Q
>
> Introductory pricing is under $1000 for a 5 tool set up.
>
> Guaranteed to work with DeskCNC, and likely will be compatable with Mach3 and EMC.
>
> Fred Smith - IMService
> Year end specials are listed at http://www.cadcamcadcam.com

Fred,
That is very exciting. Looks like a huge improvement over your previous "rapid changer" design.

I watched the video, but when I go to your site the only changer and details I can find is the older "rapid changer" design that used the air chuck style mechanism. Do you have a link to any details on how it actually works and what all is required to integrate it into a machine?

Also, what is the impact on the size pieces a stock Sherline can handle with this mechanism in place. With the holders places in the Y axis it would seem you would loose some of the already limited Y usability. Would be a good reason to upgrade to our 11+" travel Y base upgrade for Sherline mills <g>.

Glad to see you posting on CCED. I know I have learned a lot from you in the past.

Tim Goldstein
A2Z Corp
A2Z CNC division
3955 S Mariposa St
Englewood CO 80110
720 833-9300
Toll Free 877 754-7465

www.A2ZCorp.us/store
USA made accessories for desktop mills & lathes.

Discussion Thread

imserv1 2010-12-29 13:23:23 UTC New Sherline automatic tool changer preview timgoldstein 2010-12-30 05:52:45 UTC Re: New Sherline automatic tool changer preview imserv1 2010-12-30 08:30:27 UTC Re: New Sherline automatic tool changer preview