CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rotating XY axis in Mach3

Posted by H & J Johnson
on 2011-01-20 06:14:46 UTC
There are a couple macro's out there that will allow you to probe a plate or part
and then orientate to the mis-aligned x axis automatically. I've never used it primarily
because I'm waiting for the mag w/ the details to come. The best write-up I've
seen of the process came from Digital Machinist.

Fwiw

J. Johnson

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Thompson <barebooger@...>

> I see in Mach3 there is a screen part that says "local system
> rotated______ degrees" with an input field where the blank is.
>
> Anyone use this?
>
> I am wanting to use a fixture plate to drill some smaller parts,
> but the
> plate will need to be indicated in to get it square with the table
> for
> the holes to be where they belong on the individual parts.
> I am hoping I can use an edge finder on two places on the edge of
> the
> plate to give me data for a taper formula and the result can be
> plugged
> in to Mach 3 to rotate the G-code to compensate for the plate
> being
> skewed. Is this possible?
>
> --
>

> Ron Thompson
> On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy
> Space Center, USA
>
> There are two kinds of posts on newsgroups.
> 1. This is what I have done...
> 2. This is what I think...
> Be aware of the difference!
>
> http://www.ourcadguy.com/
>
> http://www.plansandprojects.com My hobby pages are here:
> http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines/
>
> Visit the castinghobby FAQ:
> http://castinghobbyfaq.bareboogerhost.com/

> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> reach it if you have trouble.

> be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
> are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
> THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Ron Thompson 2011-01-20 05:59:12 UTC Rotating XY axis in Mach3 H & J Johnson 2011-01-20 06:14:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rotating XY axis in Mach3 Ron Thompson 2011-01-20 06:51:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rotating XY axis in Mach3 H & J Johnson 2011-01-20 06:56:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rotating XY axis in Mach3 Ron Thompson 2011-01-20 07:00:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rotating XY axis in Mach3