CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mach 3 Plasma

on 2011-04-09 07:17:24 UTC
Hi Glen,
ther is no inherent change between any type of machine.
he x y and z should move in relation to signals, regardless of the size, shape or design of machine.

if you swap one set of motors for another, same make and model, they will work the same.

check and re-check the output to the motors.
check and re-check the assignmnent of axis for the pins. if te plasma works on different axis it might be a setting in software for pin assignmnets.

if you run plasma while the unit is connected to the mill, and it runs differently, no other changes, then it is in software.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "roboticscnc" <gsm42@...> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to use Mach 3 Plasma ?
> I have tried it with a couple of different releases of Mach over the years and the Ports & Pins are just wrong.
> Using the exact same Ports & Pins settings in Mach 3 Mill works fine, but when they are used in Mach 3 Plasma the wrong axis is moved in relation to the dro ( X & Y are swapped and Z doesn't work at all ). This has been tested on a machine.
> I've been using Mach 3 Mill on my Plasma Cutter for a few years. It just gets awkward when people suggest I should be using the Plasma version the first time they see the option is there.
>
> Pins used are:
> x stp 2
> x dir 3
> y stp 4
> y dir 5
> z stp 6
> z dir 7
>
> Glen.

Discussion Thread

roboticscnc 2011-04-06 09:46:03 UTC Mach 3 Plasma turbulatordude 2011-04-09 07:17:24 UTC Re: Mach 3 Plasma Ron Thompson 2011-04-09 07:25:44 UTC Another plasma question turbulatordude 2011-04-10 08:10:45 UTC Re: Another plasma question Ron Thompson 2011-04-10 10:42:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Another plasma question