CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Another plasma question

on 2011-04-10 08:10:45 UTC
the THC is a great add-on if your parts warp while heating, or if they are of irregular height such as wavy sheet metal.

for the small area, you should be fine without it.

if you see the need for a larger table, you should consider the add-on for it.

other benefits is that the consumables last longer.
so in a production environment, it will pay for itself.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Ron Thompson <ron@...> wrote:

> I have had my homemade router for some time. I designed it with an open
> center so I could use a plasma cutter if I ever got one. I just bought a
> used Miller plasma cutter off ebay.
>
> The question is, what about torch height control? Is this something I
> really need, or just nice to have. My machine is small, with a cutting
> area of 12" X 12".
>
> --
>

> Ron Thompson
> On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA
>
> There are two kinds of posts on newsgroups.
> 1. This is what I have done...
> 2. This is what I think...
> Be aware of the difference!
>
> http://www.ourcadguy.com/
>
> http://www.plansandprojects.com My hobby pages are here:
> http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines/
>
> Visit the castinghobby FAQ:
> http://castinghobbyfaq.bareboogerhost.com/

Discussion Thread

roboticscnc 2011-04-06 09:46:03 UTC Mach 3 Plasma turbulatordude 2011-04-09 07:17:24 UTC Re: Mach 3 Plasma Ron Thompson 2011-04-09 07:25:44 UTC Another plasma question turbulatordude 2011-04-10 08:10:45 UTC Re: Another plasma question Ron Thompson 2011-04-10 10:42:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Another plasma question