CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

FW: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAD to G code help

Posted by Chuck Merja
on 2011-11-10 11:01:47 UTC
Thanks Robert. Vectric looks cool, and some of the "carve" stuff looks like
it might be a hook for our biz and shop teacher to get into the CAD,CAM,NC
world. I'm going to need a bigger format than the minimill to get full
effect though. Im hoping to build a 12 or 18" router before FRC kickoff
(haha - I just read that and realized I have about 6-7 weeks to make that
happen). Anyway, I may have to revisit this in a little bit. OR - should I
head the Vcarve route now so we only learn 1 CAM? I think the kids will get
D2NC for the easier stuff. But I seem to remember a now graduated young
fella who did some jpg to NC stuff - a tiger and mountains and ?? I am
thinking he did that with LazyCAM, since that's all we had. Could that be
the case?

Thanks again.
Chuck

Robert,

If I can be of any help pleas drop me a note. I am also a mentor. I am
working with three teams in Euless Texas. Vectric cut2D may help. I am a
dealer.

Bob Campbell