CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe

Posted by 556RECON
on 2012-11-09 16:46:31 UTC
So what is the weight and physical size of this unit?
Any pictures of the actual unit would be appreciated.

OLD BOB

wanliker@... wrote:

> Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe
>
> I have a Compact 5 lathe for sale, this is the one I was converting, from
> the old defective Emco electronics to more modern electronics, after I
> started the CCED group going. The mechanicals, and electronics did not
> bother
> me, but the Cad/Cam played with my mind. Later medical problems kept me
> out of the shop, dizziness and rotating tools, don't mix.
> Bill,
> Old List Mom.
>

> 1 Enco Compact 5 Lathe. with Ball Screws.
>
> 2 servos with cooling fins added on the lathe, with the adapter plates to
> mount them to the Enco. The two on the lathe have bushings on there
> shafts, to adopt to the Enco Drive pulley size. There is a belt
> reduction drive
> for the lead screws (stock) Bushing needed to fit drive pulley
>
> 6 spare servo motors. These were new surplus, from "Gold Mine" if my
> memory is correct..
> 1 Enco Desk top Compact 5 lathe cabinet
>
> 4 Gecko 320, Early Gecko Servo Drives. IIRC all of these are new, except
> for a few minutes testing times.
>
> Automatic Tool post, 3 position, it will require a small DC power supply,
> and software written to operate it, forward for about 130-40 degrees,
> then
> back about 10 degrees, and stop then allow a small reverse current to
> flow
> to lock the tool against the ratchet.
>
> 1 Enco 3 Jaw chuck
>
> 1 Enco 4 Jaw chuck
>
> 1 Enco Faceplate
>
> 1 Enco Rapid change tool post
>
> 2 Enco rapid change tool holders.
>
> 1 Enco device for proving a tool path by drawing it. Needs a simple
> mount, and a simple pen holder wit a bit of heft to keep pen down
> against paper.
>
> 1 Enco tool Setting tool for alignment of tools.
>
> 1 copy of an Enco tool microscope, with home installed cross hairs.
>
> Inside the cabinet is a home made DC power supply. The circuitry in the
> rear includes:
>
> 1 "Gecko G3x0 Error reset controller.
> _http://www.aree.com/gecko/gercr1/gman.pdf_
> (http://www.aree.com/gecko/gercr1/gman.pdf)
> "
> 1 Wonder Board" by Pico Systems. IIRC, this is an opto-isolator board
> between the computer, and the Enco drive electronics.
>
> 1 Enco Plastic chuck guard
>
> There is also a circuit where one can isolate drive outputs. the idea at
> the time was to have 4 drive circuits, with all of the plugs on the
> backside, so one could use 2 and drive the lathe, or use 3 to drive a
> mill, and the
> forth to drive a tool changer. The outputs were to be plugged into 4 pin
> microphone jacks, the plugs, and jacks are included. The cabinet has a
> cooling fan mounted.
> the wiring is not totally finished at the present time, so it will
> need to
> be traced out and finished, IIRC it was the 120 volt circuit that goes
> [...]

Discussion Thread

wanliker@a... 2012-11-08 06:24:08 UTC For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe Andy Wander 2012-11-08 06:58:04 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe morerust 2012-11-08 08:01:49 UTC Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe Andy Wander 2012-11-08 08:10:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe fortino tan 2012-11-08 18:53:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe KM6VV 2012-11-09 09:38:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe jeremy youngs 2012-11-09 09:43:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe Gary Click 2012-11-09 10:55:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe KM6VV 2012-11-09 13:46:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe 556RECON 2012-11-09 16:46:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe wanliker@a... 2012-11-11 08:08:28 UTC Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe kjstools 2012-11-11 16:13:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe fortino tan 2012-11-12 20:58:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: For Sale: Emco Compact 5 CNC lathe