CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: bridgeport interact II head rotate

Posted by cnc_joker
on 2013-01-18 06:14:14 UTC
There is a pin that you can pull out to enable 360 degree rotation
but the worm gear is not strong enough to rotate it all the way around.
When the head is to one side it puts a lot of force on the worm
gear and can break it. You should releve some of the load by
lifting the head when it is horizontal. I lift with one hand
and rotate the worm gear with the other hand.

The pin keeps the head within the range where the worm can be used
alone to adjust the head. Outside of that range you should
lighten the load by lifting.

Pete.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Michael Fagan wrote:

> I don't know about the 4j, but most Bridgeport machines use a worm gear for
> head rotation, no hoist necessary. They do usually have a safety pin that
> limits the rotation to 45 degrees each way until you pull the pin.
>
> Sent from a mobile device.
> On Jan 18, 2013 12:40 AM, "ebiz_59" wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > We are feeling pretty dumb. The our interact II bridgeport (4J head) was
> > shipped to us with the head upside down. We have lowered the table so we
> > could rotate the head and we get it to move about 30 degrees (in either
> > direction), but then it seems to come up against a stop. We've lifted with
> > a cable comealong, but it really seems to come up against something solid.
> > Surely that unit wasn't built in a way to require us to remove the ?600 lb?
> > head just to turn it over, was it??
> >
> > Any tricks? What are we missing?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chuck

ebiz_59 2013-01-17 21:40:00 UTC bridgeport interact II head rotate Michael Fagan 2013-01-18 04:11:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] bridgeport interact II head rotate cnc_joker 2013-01-18 06:14:14 UTC Re: bridgeport interact II head rotate ebiz_59 2013-01-21 18:27:41 UTC Re: bridgeport interact II head rotate