CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: See the new PMDX-340 table-top CNC controller at Cabin Fever (OFF TOPIC)

Posted by Tom
on 2013-04-27 14:19:28 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Scott A Tovey <satovey@...> wrote:

> This does not strike me as qualifying as
> a controller. A controller does not need
> a PC running Mach3 to send it g-code.

The term "controller" in the electronics and some other worlds is anything that "controls" something. It is a generic term like "vehicle" and can apply to a lot of objects. The person that handles the finances at a larger corporation is called a "Controller" but he/she does not control the overall operation of the company (or it's machines). We call our product that you plug into a computer and remotely control MACH, a "Hand Controller" but it does not control a hand. It serves no purpose to argue over semantics and names of things and even less to to bring in politics and personal opinions about government and corporate views.

Your rant that has been moderated goes way outside the lines of the list rules. This is not a list for that form of post (there are many to be sure, where you can rant all you want about the injustice of advertising and capitalism)

Please refrain from attacking other members of the group. It has never been allowed on this list and will not now.

As always if you have something to say to the moderators or owners than do it directly and not on the list.

Further violations will result in being banned.

TOM Caudle
List Owner

Discussion Thread

morerust 2013-04-10 20:14:40 UTC See the new PMDX-340 table-top CNC controller at Cabin Fever William Thomas 2013-04-11 18:01:11 UTC ????: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] See the new PMDX-340 table-top CNC controller at Cabin Fever morerust 2013-04-16 11:55:58 UTC Re: ????: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] See the new PMDX-340 table-top CNC controller at Cabin Fever Scott A Tovey 2013-04-21 05:30:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] See the new PMDX-340 table-top CNC controller at Cabin Fever morerust 2013-04-23 08:05:06 UTC Re: See the new PMDX-340 table-top CNC controller at Cabin Fever Tom 2013-04-27 14:19:28 UTC Re: See the new PMDX-340 table-top CNC controller at Cabin Fever (OFF TOPIC)