CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D graphics/Cad

Posted by Gene Falck
on 2013-10-06 16:41:32 UTC
Hi Rich,

You wrote:

> There are many 3D Cad/3D Graphic programs. Some
> programs, are better for certain things, than
> others. What Type of 3D field are you interested
> in?

That's the part of my search for ideas that is a
bit hard to specify. (My probable needs in the
matter of photo work are easier to describe.)

In general, I know the engineers where I work use
an Autodesk product and also have a 3D printer to
do prototypes and "one of" items for use in the
secondary steps in plastics injection molding.
I would like to be able to describe my "future
ideas," so coming up with a good description of
my "needs" is iffy at best. Since I am looking
into an adequate computer for photographic work
I am interested in also covering my somewhat less
predictable interest in 3D.

> ... Graphics/Cad Type files take up a lot of
> hard drive space. If you look at ...
> http://www.GrabCad.com...

I'll give that a look and google for the Autodesk,
Solidworks and Alibre programs you mentioned.

> ... Most any computer built in the last 5 years
> will run any of these 3D programs just fine.
> I do prefer XP OS myself ...

Well this netbook and the PC that died are older
but I have to agree XP has been reasonably good
(considering the source--LOL).

> ... I have Vista on my laptop with not to many
> problems. Windows 7 sucked(software didn't work,
> wouldn't find my plotter/printers)...

Since "getting a Windows OS" (especially since I
will probably need 64-bit mode) will probably be
Windows 8, how well the various Windows versions
work will be an important issue.

> ... I haven't tried Windows 8.

Most of the recommendations I see are for 7 or 8
and what with Micrs**t's track record I guess I
may be in for a rough ride.

--

Thanks,

Gene Falck
gfalck@...

Discussion Thread

2013-10-05 22:12:00 UTC 3D graphics/Cad Gene Falck 2013-10-06 16:41:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D graphics/Cad