CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Failed Power Supply

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2013-11-09 11:08:46 UTC

The biggest problems with those drives has been that the big coil vibrates loose in shipping. The other problem is when they fail they generally jump the voltage up to 65V which fries the G540.

Not sure what could have caused yours to fail. I use a different brand for the control units that I build for a machine tool company. They run 4 3.5A motors on them with no problem. I have worked with my supplier of those type of power supplies and they have made improvements to eliminate the coil coming loose.

Dan Mauch

20th Anniversary in CNC

www.camtronics-cnc.com

dmauch@...

Stepper and servo motors

Kits, assembled and custom CNC using Gecko products.