CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 58

Posted by Mike Romine
on 1999-06-18 23:22:39 UTC
> Message: 14
> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:20:57 -0600
> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
> Subject: Re: Real time operating systems
>
> I have no experience or expertise to say whether your idea would work, but
> off the cuff it sounds like it would be more work than it is to just load
> Linux and get EMC running. I think with the help and support of this group
> someone could get Linux and EMC set up and running in a couple of evenings
> and from that point on the Linux portion becomes pretty transparent and you
> just deal with EMC.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

This is true, but then you have a computer tied up that can only run
EMC. You are right that I am probably oversimplifying this solution,
but the company I work for has been doing this technique on their 3 axis
microstepping controllers for 10 years with great success. So I know it
can be done. The guys who are playing around with the DOS Stepster
software might consider something like this.

-Mike

Discussion Thread

Mike Romine 1999-06-18 23:22:39 UTC Re: Digest Number 58