CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC-backlash compensation

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-06-21 21:59:30 UTC
Dan,

That is a question I have. It looked like I was getting the same results as
you are. I had a dial indicator on an axis and I kept trying increasing
amounts of backlash compensation and it appeared that nothing happened.
Finally I just stuck in .100 just to see if anything would happen and what I
started to see was some compensation, but it was not .100 worth and to make
it even stranger if I jogged the axis .100 it would move .100 + some amount
I don't remember and it would move .100 + the extra amount each time I
jogged in the same direction. Yes, it just kept adding the compensation to
each move every time instead of adding it just when the axis changed
direction.

I want to check it out with g-code program and see if the results are any
different when processing code than when making manual moves, but I have not
had the chance. I would love to hear any updates if you play with the
backlash any more.

Tim
[Denver, CO]