CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control

on 2000-09-05 13:48:00 UTC
Darrell,

The clamping sounds good, close to what I was going to do (OK, a little
better!). Sounds like multiple "contours" aren't that important? I
don't have a lot of end-mills yet, but I guess if I go slow for the
"roughing" cuts, and finish up with another profile (tool path), it will
work. I don't think MAXNC does the tool comp, (G41/G42), so as long as
I'm doing multiple contours, I can easily put the comp. in there. Do
you suggest cutting the full depth (.625) for each cut, or do I need to
do multiple passes to get the depth down? Seems like a lot to cut
(roughing) on a Sherline!

Alan

Darrell wrote:

> [...]

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-05 13:48:00 UTC Re:4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control Fred Smith 2000-09-06 17:08:46 UTC Re: 4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-06 17:44:23 UTC Re: 4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control Ray 2000-09-06 20:02:26 UTC Re: Re:4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control Fred Smith 2000-09-07 04:34:45 UTC Re: 4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control