CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroidal Bore, Revisited

Posted by Ian Wright
on 2000-09-07 11:49:23 UTC
Hi Joe,

You don't say what material you are cutting but, for a one-off, I would make
the cutter from carbon steel sheet (read 'old file'!) and I would get the
concave radius by drilling a hole at a slight angle (to give cutter relief)
and then cutting off the bit I didn't want. Once you've got the cutter to
the shape you want, you can harden and temper it to a pale straw colour and
then polish the cutting edges. An alternative which is better in that it
gives cutter relief all round, is to bore the hole from the 'back' of the
file using a cone drill until the hole is the right size on the top, then
carry on as before. HTH

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield UK
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Vicars <jvicars@...>

> Does anyone have any experience with making their own radius
> cutter? Advice or suggestions?

Discussion Thread

Joe Vicars 2000-09-07 06:54:47 UTC Toroidal Bore, Revisited Carlos Guillermo 2000-09-07 08:04:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroidal Bore, Revisited dave engvall 2000-09-07 09:38:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroidal Bore, Revisited Ian Wright 2000-09-07 11:49:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroidal Bore, Revisited