CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls....

on 2000-09-07 19:36:17 UTC
Carlos,

I know what you mean about IndexerLPT. That buffering ahead of
execution is something I can't find in any of the other low end
stuff. For me, Indexer's lack of feedrate override is a big minus.
Although the developer tells me it'll be ready "anytime now".
"Anytime now" is relative. He's been telling me that for a few years.

Regarding continuous contouring, the Ahha system I helped the wood
router guy with had that mode. We could never get it to work, he
always had micro dwell, burn marks on his wood between blocks. The
only way to eliminate them was to turn off cutter comp and program to
the bit's centerline.

Thanks,

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Carlos Guillermo" <carlos@v...>

Discussion Thread

dougrasmussen@c... 2000-09-07 18:13:32 UTC Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Carlos Guillermo 2000-09-07 19:12:58 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Stan Krumme 2000-09-07 19:21:18 UTC Re: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... dougrasmussen@c... 2000-09-07 19:36:17 UTC Re: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... ballendo@y... 2000-09-07 22:29:51 UTC RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-07 23:28:17 UTC RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... ballendo@y... 2000-09-08 00:24:51 UTC RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... ballendo@y... 2000-09-08 13:13:03 UTC RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Kevin P. Martin 2000-09-08 13:53:31 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... ballendo@y... 2000-09-08 15:09:25 UTC RE:Re: RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-08 17:08:26 UTC RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Fred Smith 2000-09-08 19:37:22 UTC Re:Re: RE: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls....