CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mazatrol

Posted by dave engvall
on 2000-09-08 09:38:59 UTC
Joe Vicars wrote:

> I visited one of our local shops yesterday and the owner had just
> purchased a new Mazak machining center.
> According to him the new Mazatrol controller uses a regular pentium
> based PC and the controls run under Windows 9x.
> I was skeptical, does anyone know the details of this new control
> system?

Just my two cents worth. Because of the user familiarity with the Windoze paradigm it makes a decent GUI. That doesn't mean that a
serious controller is not buried in the machine. After all look at the upcoming OS-X for the Mac.... BSD UNIX hiding behind a Mac
GUI.
My personal preference would be for a X-Windows or X-term. talking to a dedicated processsor (machine controller) ,with open code,
but one cannot have it all. But I can dream can't I?

Dave

Discussion Thread

dave engvall 2000-09-08 09:38:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mazatrol h.t.goorsenberg@w... 2000-09-12 14:05:17 UTC Re: Mazatrol