CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Playing with my toys in peace

Posted by Tom Caudle
on 2000-10-07 08:59:49 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, machines@n... wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, ptengin@a... wrote:
> > In a message dated 10/06/2000 11:05:52 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
> > machines@n... writes:
> >
> > << Why don't they all go away and let me play with my toys.
> > I even tell them this to their face but they just laugh and
still
> come
> > back. I've tried swearing, taking the piss, asking if it's a
> toupee etc but
> > no good - what's the answer ??
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Stevenson
> > Nottingham, England
> > >>

> > John,

> > Got a sure fire way to make 'em stop. Screw up an expensive
part
> and give
> > it back to them. It has worked well (inadvertently) in the
> past.... :0
> >
> Thanks Peter
> Actually reading your post just reminded me of something in the
past.
> Whilst sorting through a pile of odds and ends in a junk yard I
came
> across two lenses out of an OHP. These were about 1.5" diameter and
> were perfect hemispheres. I took them home and got an old pair of
> plastic framed spectacles. Took the lenses out and with a hot air
> gun 'made' the new lenses fit.
> Went out shopping with my then 15 year old very fashion consious
> daughter. Whilst going through the shopping precint looking in
every
> dress shop there was, I put these glasses on, staggered into the
next
> shop which happened to be a shoe shop, fell all over the counter
and
> asked for 2 pounds of sausages.
> What a hoot, On the way out I tripped and knocked a whole rack of
> shoes over. My daughter never asked me to go shopping again.
> Unfortunalty whilst messing about one day I fell and broke them.
>
> I can just imagine it with a new pair. "Just let me get my reading
> glasses and I'll take a look at your drawing .............."
>

> Regards,
> John Stevenson
> Nottingham, England

And who said the "English have no sense of humor"! (or was that the
Germans) Us Yanks know EVERYTHING. ;)

Discussion Thread

ptengin@a... 2000-10-07 03:05:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Playing with my toys in peace machines@n... 2000-10-07 04:58:15 UTC Re: Playing with my toys in peace Tom Caudle 2000-10-07 08:59:49 UTC Re: Playing with my toys in peace