CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disposing of Cutting Oils

on 2000-10-15 08:56:29 UTC
Paul Corner wrote:

> Question is, what do I do with some eight imperial gallons of the old stuff ?
> Pouring it down the drain is NOT an option, and the local oil bank isn't going
> to like it.

I would probably try a demulsifier, then skim off the oil. If
you are successful in getting the oil content down lower than 15
ppm in the water fraction, then you can pour it down the drain.
It is not so much the oil that is a problem as it will
biodegrade. But the metals content is the problem. Other than
paying someone to take it, there really isn't much you can do.

JerryK

Discussion Thread

Jerry Kimberlin 2000-10-15 08:56:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disposing of Cutting Oils dave engvall 2000-10-15 21:30:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disposing of Cutting Oils