CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] resistance welding

Posted by Jeff Demand
on 2000-10-16 15:47:27 UTC
At 12:28 PM 10/16/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any idea whether it would be possible to make a simple
>resistance welding set-up for tiny jobs? Basically what I am wanting is a
>way of spot welding bits of watch or small clock mainspring material
>together - spring steel up to about 15 thou thick with welds probably about
>1.64" diameter...

Are you sure that 1.65" is tiny :-?

You can find info (and schematics) on jewellery tack and pulse welders at
http://www.shorinternational.com/TackInstr.htm and
http://www.shorinternational.com/Tack3Inst.htm

Was interesting enough to get a high place on my new projects to try list.

Jeff

Discussion Thread

Jeff Demand 2000-10-16 15:47:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] resistance welding